Each December, I can’t actually believe that another year has passed us by. An entire year of sharing cloth diapering, low impact living with families around the world and cute prints and colors too. This year, Thirsties upped their game with gorgeous new prints and exciting exclusives, brand new products and helpful cloth diapering resources for the entire community.
If 2017 was the year of the natural fibers, 2018 was the year of Thirsties Groupies product requests. Size 3 Duo Wraps, the potty training pant, and the natural pocket were all born of Thirsties Groupies ideas and entered the market as new products this year.
If you haven’t been keeping track of all the fabulous prints this year, let’s take a look back at the best cloth diaper prints of 2018!
- January – “Jaws” an exclusive print from Abby’s Lane
- February – Heart to Heart
- February – Floribunda
- March – Unicorn Selfie & Classic Jurassic
- April – O2 Revival & Fern
- April – “Astro Land” an exclusive print from Lil Tulips
- May – Palm Paradise & Tortuga
- June – “Good Fortune” an exclusive print from Spray Pal
- July – Main Squeeze & Hala Kahiki
- July – “Just Hanging” an exclusive print from Nicki’s Diapers
- August – Set Sail & Flutter By
- October – Animalia Collection
- October – “No Probllama” an exclusive print from Kelly’s Closet
- November – Pandamonium
- December – Foxy and Snowy Day
But we didn’t just get new prints in 2018. Thirsties also launched some exciting new products. Natural fibers continued to be a Thirsties focus and from potty training to cloth wipes, innovative new products were front and center this year. Here’s a look at the best new Thirsties products of 2018:
- Size 3 Duo Wrap – Made to fit babies 40 to 60+ pounds, the Size 3 Duo Wrap was introduced after Thirsties Groupies requested a way to cloth diaper toddlers and preschoolers over 40 pounds. The signature double gusset, the traditional Duo Wrap design and the new weight limit made the Size 3 Duo Wrap a quick favorite. The Size 3 Duo Wrap pairs well with Thirsties’ Duo Hemp Prefold and it’s featured rise settings can help caregivers get the perfect fit.
- Organic Cotton Wipes – Cloth wipes are a cloth diapering essential. The new Thirsties Organic Cotton Wipes are thick, soft and can contain big messes with just one wipe. Two thick layers of organic cotton can help you save over $500 on disposable wipes. Pair Organic Cotton Wipes with Thirsties Booty Luster Wipe Solution for a dynamic diapering duo (say that five times fast!).
- Training Pant – The long awaited potty training pant is here! The Thirsties Potty Training Pant comes in four sizes: small, medium, large and extra large and was one of the most highly anticipated releases of the year. The Potty Training Pant was released in three classic prints: Duck Duck Moo, Unicornicopia and Classic Jurassic. Four layers of super absorbent organic cotton paired with a hidden waterproof wet zone layer helps keep clothes dry and small accidents at bay. This was a 2018 favorite for sure!
- Natural One Size Pocket – The Natural One Size Pocket is an easier to clean pockets, has inserts that agitate out in the wash and finally allows caregivers who desire an all natural fiber stash to use pockets. A super trim fit and the signature double gussets make this new 2018 addition to the Thirsties lineup a must have.
- Natural Pocket Insert – But, what if you have a collection of pockets and are hoping just to replace your inserts? Enter Thirsties Natural Pocket Insert. A quick and easy way for long time Thirsties fans to get all the benefits of the Natural One Size Pocket hemp/organic cotton layers without having to replace all their cloth diapers.
- A12 Inserts – Available in both a Natural Stay Dry Duo Insert and a Natural Duo Insert (in addition to the popular Stay Dry Duo Insert), these duos upped Thirsties’ versatility and gave caregivers more choices on their cloth diapering journey. Pair these super absorbent duo inserts with Thirsties Duo Wrap for a bulletproof cloth diapering system.
- Stay Dry Cotton Doublers – Wetness Sensitivity? In 2018, Thirsties introduced the Stay Dry Cotton Doubler! The Stay Dry layer wicks wetness away while the organic cotton layers act as a super absorbent core. A must have in any cloth diapering stash.
Beyond new prints and new products, Thirsties has contributed to cloth diapering education with 54 live chats, published YouTube videos and detailed product overviews on the Thirsties blog. It’s been a full and wonderful year, thanks to the amazing Thirsties Groupies community and Thirsties team. Happy New Year!