Frequently Asked Questions
Find all the answers you need, right here. Click on the subject you are interested in to read more.
- + What if I have hard water?
- + My baby has a diaper rash, what do I do?
- + Why do my diapers smell?
- + Why are my diapers leaking?
- + I have received a defective Thirsties product...what do I do now?
- + I would like to use cloth diapers, but I cannot afford the up-front investment. Do you offer donations or low-income assistance?
Print a copy of our care instructions. Hang a copy next to your washing machine to encourage the whole family to help with the laundering!
- + Do I need to wash my diapers before using them for the first time?
- + At what temperature should I wash my cloth diapers?
- + Can you recommend a detergent for washing cloth diapers?
- + How do I wash my Thirsties cloth diapers?
- + How do I disinfect my cloth diapers?
- + Why is it against Thirsties' recommendations to use oxygen bleach at every wash?
- + Are Thirsties products PVC (vinyl), phthalates, and lead free?
- + Can I tuck my prefold diaper under the flap of Thirsties Diaper Covers?
- + How long will my Thirsties products last? Can I expect my reusable diapers to last through multiple children?
- + Can you recommend a good 'starter kit'?
- + Do I need a cover for every fitted diaper in rotation?
- + How many covers/wraps do I need in rotation?
- + How many diapers do I need in rotation?
- + Should I fasten my prefolds with pins or Snappi before covering with your cover?
- + What type of dyes are used in the Thirsties products?
- + Where are Thirsties products made?
- + Do you offer wholesale sales to co-ops?
- + Do you sell seconds?
- + I'd like to resell Thirsties products. How do I receive information on opening a wholesale account?